Frequently Asked Questions


Does my home insurance cover damage caused by earthquake or flood?

No. A standard homeowners policy does not generally cover damage caused by earthquake and floods. These sources of damage require additional coverage or a separate policy. If you live in an area that is prone to these types of events, talk to your agent about making sure you’re properly covered.

What is the difference between water damage and flood damage?
Does renters insurance pay my rent if I can’t on some months?
Which part of my condo am I responsible for?
What is umbrella insurance?
When would I need umbrella insurance?