Mennonite Aid Plan (MAP) is seeking an experienced and dynamic Regional Sales Manager to be responsible for the growth of the company through sales and supervision of Employee Sales Agents. Mennonite Aid Plan, located in Reedley, California, is a faith based nonprofit Mutual Insurance Company. Mennonite Aid Plan and Mennonite Insurance Services (MAP/MIS) are two organizations under one umbrella, working to insure customers and provide them with financial services.
MAP originated in 1922 through a collaboration of Mennonite churches. In the mid-nineties, Mennonite Insurance Services was developed by MAP to extend the insurance offerings they could provide. The mission of both organizations is to financially support members of the Anabaptist and Mennonite faith communities within the region. MAP has full ownership of MIS, and the Regional Sales Manager will work alongside both organizations.
Reporting directly to the General Manager/GM, the Regional Sales Manager is responsible for direct sales and will be responsible for the development and supervision of a sales team made up of employed and independent sales agents. The Regional Sales Manager provides growth of the core policyholder base (Anabaptist homeowners) and rounds out those policies to meet the needs of MAP clients.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in property/casualty sales, marketing, and underwriting, have a compelling vision and confidence in sales and marketing, have excellent communication and decision-making skills, and possess a foundation of understanding of the church.
- Leadership – Support and promote MAP’s Vision, Values, and Mission. Grow the core policyholder base. Guide and manage Employee Sales Agents.
- Sales – Improve MAP processes. Grow agent network and appoint independent agents. Institute training programs for agents. Manage sales aspects of Reedley-based agents. Develop agency agreements and other documentation.
- Referrals – Recruit and support representatives in each MAP affiliated church. Develop guidelines and promotional material for representatives. Develop a system of communication with the representatives.
- Marketing – Improve and monitor online presence (web, social media, etc.). Participate in events of the denominations, conferences, or churches to promote Mennonite Insurance.
Additional Skills and Characteristics:
- Must have a thorough understanding of workflow and operational processes for Sales and Marketing.
- Possess the self-confidence to thrive in an organization with a compelling vision and strong values.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to express ideas effectively in individual and group settings.
- Ability to work effectively with teams and individually. Show initiative, taking prompt, self-directed action to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to work from home and establish an in-home office environment.
- A 4-year college degree or equivalent relative work experience.
- At least 5 years of property/casualty sales, marketing, and underwriting experience.
- Able to be licensed as an insurance agent in all states where MAP operates.
- Previous insurance experience with a multi-state insurance organization utilizing an agency distribution model.
- An active driver’s license and ability to travel at least 65% to 80% of the time throughout assigned territory.
Interested persons are invited to send letters of interest and resumes to MHS Consulting which is conducting this search. All inquiries will be held in confidence.
Thank you in advance for your interest and consideration of this outstanding opportunity with Mennonite Aid Plan.
[email protected] Website: www.mhsonline.org/jobs